If you’re young and not wearing glasses, take care of your eyesight. It’s a pain in more ways than one if you need prescription glasses.
You Only Need 2 Reasons Why You Need Good Sunglasses
- You spot fish easier – which translates to potentially catching more fish
- Protection for your eyes from harmful UV, flying jigs and hooks!
What that means is also about wearing glasses even if and when you don’t need them. Even when you have perfect eyesight and fishing under overcast skies – this is especially true when you are fly fishing.
Sun protection must never be taken lightly. While we cover up our skin in sunblock lotions and underneath a layer of clothing, the sun puts quite a strain in our eyes, too.
A good pair of sunglasses not only helps us spot fish easier, it is a must to protect your eyes from glare and harmful UV rays.
If like me, you wear prescription glasses, choices of sunglasses becomes a lot limited, and can become costly.
I’ve gone through a number of sunglasses over the years from purpose made sunglasses for fishing to fit-overs as I wear prescription glasses now.
If you wear prescription glasses, you have these options:
- Laser surgery to correct eyesight – some don’t like this. Can be costly
- Fit-over sunglasses e.g. Cocoons
- Prescription sunglasses
- Using contact lens and regular sunglasses